How’s the Weather? Wild West Weather Report

April 2, 2012
By

The word of the day for weather in the west on April 2, 2012 is storms and plenty of April showers to start the roots shooting freely on the May flowers. In Rio Rancho and Albuquerque, New Mexico the day started warm and breezy with a few scattered dark clouds, but as the afternoon rolled around the sky filled with clouds. The rain started falling lightly around 2 p.m. and by 6, both cities were experiencing a heavy downpour.

It’s mostly cloudy in Dallas, Texas, as well, with a 30% chance of rain this evening and a 20% chance further south in The Woodlands, Texas. Kingsland, Texas, in the Hill Country, has a 50% chance of rain and is expecting severe thunderstorms with gulf ball size hail and 60 mph wind gusts. The weather in the Hill Country can turn on a dime, though, so watch the skies!

Omaha, Nebraska is cloudy and gusty with a 50% chance of rain tomorrow. Nearby Blair, Nebraska may not see rain until tomorrow night, April 3, but wind gusts this evening and tomorrow morning could be as strong as 30 mph.

Portland, Oregon and Seattle, Washington had light rain and can expect more of the same tomorrow, though Seattle could see some strong wind gusts at times.

Salt Lake City, Utah was one of the few areas of the country to enjoy a sunshiny day, and can expect the same tomorrow, though they’re not experiencing the same warming trend as Colorado and New Mexico as their high will be in the mid-60s. San Francisco, California had nearly identical weather to Salt Lake City–lots of sun, with a high in the mid-60s.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Subscribe

  • RSS Feed
  • Pinterest
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Google+

 width=

Featured Post

Tornado Watch in Colorado

Storm moving in on Severance, Colorado. Photo by D.S. Dollman. For the second time in a month Eastern Colorado is tracking...

Read more »